Monday, March 7, 2022

Etch-A-Sketched Impressions


Do you ever take yourself a little too seriously? This happens to me periodically, and one good smirk in the mirror at my reflection can help me snap right out of it. 

While I try not to take myself too seriously because let's face it, our moods change and with them, our outlooks, I have been quite serious about what I am letting into my 1 eye gate, 2 ear openings, 3 fertile mind and 4 spirited soul. 

1 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is the darkness! (Matthew 6:22-23)

2 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables (2 Timothy 4:3-4)

3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusted in thee (Isaiah 26:3)

4 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple (Psalm 19:7)

Boring
I have never been that interested in the news and I still find it boring. I have never been a gossip either, meaning I enjoy people, but I don't memorize every tidbit that comes from their mouths only to repeat later to a captivated audience. 

My mind is influenced by the things I see, the sounds and words I hear, and sometimes it is like screeching that jars me mentally. To clear this away takes some time because if I am not careful, my soul gets etch-a-sketched impressions that are hard to shake and erase. 

Absorbed
This is what I have broken free from. The messages, the constant barrage, the mindless, meaningless fussing and fighting that is happening in the minds of those that have absorbed the toxins that float freely, looking to attach themselves to welcoming hosts. 

We have an identifying ring for our home phone that lets us know when a long distance call is coming through. What it really identifies now is telemarketers, or scammers, calling to falsely inform us that our Visa has been breached or some such nonsense. I don't need to pick up to be reminded that there are people in this world that pay their bills by stealing from others, harming them emotionally, financially, and spiritually. 

What I am driving at, is I have seen and heard about enough regarding what the wicked are up to. I am well informed and will periodically check in for a quick update, but mostly, I am interested in the souls of the lost and wounded that need solace. 

The news doesn't change the fact that the gospel is what turns the world upside down! It isn't Satan and his human henchmen, it is the gospel of Jesus Christ! 

But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God a great price (1 Peter 3:4)

What God sees and hears
We see all around us the pride of puffed up men and women posturing as though they own the world. But it is what God sees and hears from each of us that matters the most. 

Does He see meek you and me, wanting to see Him, hear Him, have our minds and souls filled so that the simple can become wise as in Psalm 19:7?

We know what has happened and widely, it is being made know why. There is no amount of despicable news that can change the damage that has already been done, or stop the fallout from the felonious activities of mercenaries. And this is quite simply, dear reader, nothing new under the sun. Wicked is as wicked does, and they act pretty much the same all the time ... relatives of Cain, Nimrod, Judas, Pontius Pilate, Caesar, Hitler, you name 'em, their evil acts are world renown, and so are the ones of the current crew of deceivers and murderers. 

Here is my brief synopsis of what has occurred, and what I plan to do with my time and energy in the near and distant future:

  • We were sucker punched
  • We reeled from the impact
  • We were outraged, righteously indignant and apalled
  • We brooded and suffered relationship losses
  • We recovered enough to see who hit us hard
  • We shared and commiserated and hoped and prayed
  • We spoke out, spoke up, started boycotting, trucking and saying NO
  • We have watched, jaws agape, while the wicked propagate and freely frolic  killing mercilessly
  • And now what?

What I am interested in is spreading the Good News. This life is fleeting and must be considered a gift, enjoyed with God as our focal point. My plan is to read scripture, pray, listen to the wounded, be a comfort to them and point to Christ as their healer! I will let those that damn themselves have at it, because regardless of what the righteous say and do, the wicked are stuck in the muck of their own messed up thinking. 

I will not let them Etch-A-Sketch onto my soul and, dear one, perhaps you too, are ready to erase what they have tried to permanently imbed in your mind and spirit, by refusing to indulge in the "news" anymore?

Turn to the Word of God instead. He will reveal to you exactly what will happen to them, and to those that abide under the shelter of His wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment