Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Groggy

Groggy. I am groggy like I went to a party where I ate and drank too much, to entertain myself long enough to be able to justify my departure. 

I was stuck
Years ago I attended a party that most would think of as spectacular. The house was gorgeous, the people were stunning, and the food was presented artfully. I tried to find someone that I could connect with that had some depth, and I did this while getting somewhat drunk. I had to stay because my former husband was enjoying himself. I was stuck and trying to make the most of the situation.

The problem that presents when I feel trapped is misbehaviour. I become a little mischievous. I ate, I drank, and I found someone to be silly with to cope. The food table was covered with deliciousness, and an open box of tempting Black Magic chocolates. 

Naughty indulgence
"That Old Black Magic has me in its spell" ... Do you recall the commercial for these assorted candy delights? They were a family staple in my house at Christmas time when I was a kid. I experienced some nostalgia while eyeing the individually crafted mystery tour chocolates housed in their decorative box on the elegant dining room table. I saw it as an open invitation to naughty indulgence. I still giggle when I recall my completely inappropriate behaviour. 

Rude
With my new companion as witness (it just so happens she was the cousin of the party hostess), I selected a chocolate, and took a nibble. I put the bitten candy back in the box and chose another, tasted, and replaced it into it's nest like home. I took another, and another, replacing the bitten each time, and started laughing uncontrollably. I almost choked to death because between bites, I didn't do enough chewing. I know, I KNOW this was rude, but so is nonsensical purposeless talking ad nauseam without substance or meaning. The chocolates were a perfectly packaged representation of emptiness, and the people at the party were pretty empty too. No evidence of essence to be found.
  • While the chocolates were delicious at first, they were also sickening 
  • While the people were attractive at first, one sound bite from each was enough for me to want to stop trying and tasting 

Hold no substance
After all the preamble above, I return to the groggy feeling, like I have been at a very bad party that I still can't leave. Like I want to misbehave because the people throwing the party put on a good front but their thoughts, words, deeds, hold no substance, and are empty calories for the mind and soul. 

Delusion debilitating
Lies and liars have captured the attention and imaginations of the mindless with old black magic. The spell is long lasting and the delusion of something delicious in exchange for life and liberty, is debilitating for those that have succumbed to the nonsensical deliberate deceptions. 

I knew what I was doing with that box of chocolates. I was rebelling in a childish way, against being polite and pretending in really bad company. And this is what has gone on far too long with far too many people. Am I condoning bad behaviour? I don't think so. What I am suggesting is that we stop pretending that conversations with liars will in anyway change their behaviours or minds. 

Groggy regret
Trying to have a deep conversation with a box of chocolates never works : they like being pretty on the outside. They are ever so slightly tasty at first, and then cause you to choke if you taste too many of them. The empty calories leaves a bad taste on the tongue, and a groggy feeling of regret the morning after. 

I implore you, dear reader, to consider your contributions to the nonsensicalness of what we are experiencing. The perpetual repetition of what the candy coated are saying has us parroting propaganda. If we don't look, sound and taste differently from them, then we are just like them.

Search your soul
Black magic is not a spell I am under. Black magic is what we face as open eyed self and other aware humans. Please search your soul and ask yourself how you may be aiding and abetting this wicked force that has thrown the wool over so many souls. 

We are each accountable for upholding truth at all costs. We cannot afford empty words that have no substance, and do not move the needle in the direction of course correction. 

  • I implore you to speak and live truth without compromise 
  • Your integrity is at stake; and 
  • Our choices to stay or go from the bad party depend upon each of us choosing righteously
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness (2 Timothy 2:15-16)

No comments:

Post a Comment