Monday, February 14, 2022

Godly Global Reset

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good (Psalm 14:1)

God is not subtle
I am always astounded with God's communication style. He is very interactive. This morning I procrastinated in opening my Bible. I have a cry fest each and every time He and I are alone in His word, so I admit to being hesitant. Sometimes I say to Him Lord, "I don't want to cry all the time!" The feeling part of reading scripture would be easy to avoid if I just didn't go in there, but it is in His word that I find my solace and joy. It is also in His word that clarity is sharpened, because God is not subtle in the least. Our behaviour is a direct result of our thought life, and Psalm 14 is crispy crunch concrete as an astounding description of what we are witnessing!

Prior to reading Psalm 14, I prayed and made some observational statements with God's ear open to my spoken thoughts. I said "God they have killed people, and they don't believe in You. They have done horrible things" ... Next, I asked Him, "Where should I go", while I opened the Bible and started flipping through. I said "Galatians, Exodus ... Psalms?" The stop in Psalms was quick and easy, not because Psalms is a go to for me, because it never has been. I landed there because I asked Him where He wanted me to go. And the words I read made me weep : they matched what I had spoken to Him only seconds before opening the Good Book. He truly is interactive, dear reader!

Upon reading the opening lines, I was hungry to continue. God is immutable and unchanging, and I have come to rely on this truth! While God is mighty to change the minds and hearts of humans, He remains the same, consistent in His messages and actions. When I read about wickedness, I am always looking for how God will redeem the righteous! It is a thrilling story of search and rescue every single time. 

The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God (Psalm 14:2)

Grin. Is God looking down from heaven on your, dear one? Is He seeing you seek Him to understand? He was looking down on me! I cannot help but be gleeful, knowing my Father in heaven scans His creation looking for His children. While I sought Him, He already had me in His sights.

Continuing in Psalm 14

They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy : there is none that doeth good, no, not one (Psalm 14:3)

This is quite the indictment on humanity. The LORD did a spotlight search from heaven and concluded that all men had become corrupt and in His words, filthy.

I think about 2019, and how despicable the human race had become. Can you image the saints in heaven looking down, shaking their heads at us in shock, and then looking toward God with a cringe while tucking into their holy garb, not wanting to see His facial expression! I think of His kids saying to each other "What is Dad gonna do to them?"

In 2019 God screeched us to a halt. Each man and woman had to ask themselves: 

  • Who is in charge of my life? 
  • What will I do next? 
  • Who will help me? 
  • What does all this mean? 
These next verses describes what we have experienced at the hands of the wicked ones that plot genocide:

Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the LORD. There were they in great fear: for God is in the generation of the righteous. Ye have shamed the counsel of the poor, because the LORD is his refuge  (Psalm 14:4-6) 

Poor means afflicted or weak, is this you, dear one?

Autonomy 
It is February 14th, 2022 and the poor that have taken refuge in the LORD have taken to the streets! They have unified and with one voice, their hearts cry is for restoration of autonomy, the blessing of freedom of choice that is installed in each human when crafted in the womb. 

This autonomy has been stolen, in one home, one classroom, one church, one office building, one restaurant, one location at a time. Humans have imposed upon humans since the dawn of man, and it is God that says you have choice, and I can help you when you call on me to make the best choices for you, and in all of your relationships. 

And this is my driving point. While the wicked want to decimate relationship with God and destroy unity amongst brothers and sisters, God has ensured that the opposite has happened! We needed this Godly Global Reset, wouldn't you agree, dear one? Weren't you sad and lonely, perhaps even slightly despairing, prior to your call to God the Father? 

Come-awake
This whole situation necessitated us to take action in word and deed. We all needed a shakeup, a shakedown, some ground-shaking-come-awake moments to determine: 

  • Who is in charge of my life? 
  • What will I do next? 
  • Who will help me? 
  • What does all this mean?
This is the conclusion of Psalm 14

Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! when the LORD bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad (Psalm 14:7) 

Here are the answers to the questions above:
  • God is in charge of your life
  • Call out to Him for salvation
  • He will set you free from captivity 
  • This all points to the One. The meaning in our suffering and salvation can be found in scripture
These are the words Jesus spoke to the minds and hearts of those that know freedom is not only something to believe in as our God given right, but that it is available through God Almighty, the one that formed and shaped each of us:

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because He hath anointed me to preach the Gospel to the poor. He hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord (Luke 4:18-19)

And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears (Luke 4:20-21)

Fulfilled in your ears
If you have read to this point, you have been given the keys to freedom you crave and long for. My eyes are fastened on Him, are yours, dear reader? He declared within the hearing of the enemy, that scripture was fulfilled in your ears. If you are friend to the living God, you receive these words of life. If you are foe, then you question and doubt, and remain in a state of godlessness. 

I leave you with this wonderful encouragement. Just as I declared above, redemption is built into God's plan for the righteous.


If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land (2 Chronicles 7:14)

The Godly Global Reset was always part of His plan 










 

2 comments:

  1. I am so grateful God is on charge. Wonderfully written Linda. Thank you 🙏💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting KaryAnne. I hardly ever get comments, and I am always thrilled when I do. I appreciate you taking the time to give me some encouragement! Hugs

      Delete