Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Me We He

From me to we to He.  When I became an entrepreneur in 1996, I went to work for myself. I figured if I provided excellent service, my clients would see me as hireable and worthy of the fees I charged and my joke, as a personal trainer, has been "I get to boss people around and they pay me".  This was the me part, the ego I can do it and I'm going to prove it part.  The amazing component when working with others closely is that relationships bud and grow and what was a business transaction quickly becomes a caring and loving of the one you work with. This is where the we comes into play. Working for the client and with the client on mutually agreed upon goals, changes from me as boss, to we as team.  Available in this type of relating is synergy, a connecting that brings joy to both parties.  Coaching has taught me that nothing is more powerful than a designed alliance, an agreement of two or more of what is and is not to be in relationship.  Each party agrees to play fair, with no one part being greater than the whole. This brings me to He...Christs mandate, His request, "Love God with all of your Heart, Mind and Soul, and Love one another".  Today I work for God, agreeing to His mandate, and it is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment