Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Love Notes

How often do you send love notes?  How often do you receive them?  How often do you feel love bubbling up in your heart, full and rich and aromatic, so much love that you have to share it because if you don't, you might bust wide open.  Lately I have received love, I mean really noticed it and appreciated it and received it, even when it comes in the form of correction. I used to have a little devil on my shoulder, chastising me constantly about what I shouldn't have said or done, what I should do, how maybe if I just stayed quiet, I wouldn't make so many mistakes.  Being good, or perfect in word and deed, that was the pestering prevalent persecution. Not anymore.  I wake every day and ask that my eyes see what God sees, my ears hear what he hears, and that I love like my Saviour, that I love like Jesus.  Who knew, that God would help me see me, help me see my own heart, help me love myself because he loved me first.  My friends, they saw me all along, they always loved me, it was I, and the little liar on my shoulder that were mean to me. This little heart of mine, I'm gonna let it shine, this little heart of mine, I'm gonna let it shine...

No comments:

Post a Comment