Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Hide or Show Up

Talent hidden or unused is wasted. What if I am hiding my own, what if I check out?  I had a leisurely day today, nap included, and as I walked my dog I realized if I don't schedule activity, meaning some form of work, I take the day off.  I looked at this from a detached perspective, without emotion. In the past, I would have accused myself of laziness, that it is luxurious to nap and take life easy.  Today, I saw a different angle, a glimpse into my tendency to hide, sometimes distract myself from doing important work. I have a book I started, and it waits for the writing.  What will happen, or not happen, when I finish the book?  World book tour, TV and radio interviews, people clambering for my autograph?  Or maybe the book doesn't ever get published, it remains an uninteresting heep of paper with words scattered all over it, fire starter.  I guess I will never know, until I decide, hide or show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment