Friday, March 31, 2017

Affirmative

Affirmative is defined in several ways: 1. agreeing with or consenting to a statement or request 2. stating that a fact is so; making an assertion. Today, I want to agree with and consent to statements and requests made, asserting that they are facts. I live in a half and half world Dear Reader. My body functions on the plane of earth and at times, it feels as though my soul is tethered with a satin rope loosely tied to my right ankle, keeping me from flying heavenward. What about you Dear One, do you have similar experiences? Is there more for you than meets the earthly eye? Back to the affirmative assertions mentioned earlier. Long ago, I was asked to believe. Most recently, in fact moments ago, I was asked, Do you believe? Do you believe that I AM? Do you believe what I have promised? Do you believe that what I say is what is and will be? Do you? My answer is a weak and tentative yes. I want to consent, make the assertion, YES, affirmative. But alas, my ankle, it is tethered, keeping me floating just above earth. My faith is tested in my waiting. I still cling to what I know, what I see. The pull upward and the gravitational pull downward have me in-between what I know and what I hope for. Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." I cannot see my spirit. I cannot see God. I can see the difficulties in front of me, the "things" that would have me convinced that hope is foolish. The "things" that would have me assert, this is beyond me and it is useless to even bother trying to change any of it. True, very true. Many things are beyond me and that, is the point Dear Reader. I cannot be everywhere all at once, solving this and fixing that. God, however, He is completely and all together different from me, from you. It is not I that I question, I know my limitations. It is God that I have doubted and questioned...can He really do what He has promised? Isn't this where we land sometimes as human beings, wondering when God, when will You act?

Seeing God is a matter of believing. I cannot see Him when I am trying to be Him. It is only when I affirm Him as my God that I am clear and my ankle slips free from the loose satiny loop that encircles it. Faith is my assurance of things hoped for, my conviction of things not seen. He, is all at once, everywhere all of the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment