Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Waves

Self confidence is an inner knowing, a belief in self that empowers one to do and say and live according to a clarity and vision that is like a driving force.  I have seen it in action, I have lived it and yet, it is illusive and temporary and as emotions wax and wane, confidence follows suit.  At this point, I am recognizing what is missing. Confidence is not taught, being careful is.  Be safe, be careful, watch it~this is the fear mantra that is repeated and taught until weakness is the driving force with fear as the fuel. Since starting coaching, I see others as naturally creative, resourceful and whole. In session, clients begin to see themselves in the same light, until they go to school, to work, spend time with family, friends or are alone, and then the thought monsters come and steal the peace away.  Riding the waves of humanity, the ebb and flow threaten to overtake me, thank goodness for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment