Thursday, August 29, 2013

Without Regret

Yes, no, counter offer?  I challenge you to live your life based on these three questions. This is in my head today, the challenge. As coach, this yes, no, counter, is part of the designed alliance, something the client is told that is built into the relationship, without the coach being attached to the clients acceptance or lack thereof of the prooffered challenge.  The agreed upon mutually respectful position in this is that we are always "at choice" in relationship and clients learn, sometimes for the first time, that what they want, what they think, how they feel, really matters and they can say NO, even when the other is demanding a YES.  What I have taken note of lately, is how I make choices. I am naturally very energetic, and I have observed that I am led by my energy and then I choose...the after affect is that I ruminate and wonder if I had chosen at all?  Example:  a friend asks me to go to lunch, I say yes because I really love my friend.  I hang up the phone and wonder how will I fit my work in, the work I know I want to get done, and go to lunch?  In this scenario, energetically I was led in the moment by the others desire initially and mine as a linked appreciation for the invitation and the delightful company I will enjoy.  When I said yes to the invite, I said no to my work, and when I hung up the phone, I had regret, because in my desire to please my friend and enjoy the company, my value of work accomplishment was stepped on.  I have decided to slow down, consider the requests that come my way and decide, yes, no, or counter offer, and then give my energy permission to freely flow with the resonant feeling that I am doing what I choose, cleanly, purely, and without regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment