Friday, August 2, 2013

My Kindred

How do you know that you know when someone loves you?  I know because actions speak louder than words.  I measure my feelings against history~repeated exposure to people gives you a great idea of their character, what they are capable of, what they really think.  Initially, I have a reaction, an instant feeling that I am either attracted to, or repelled by, individuals...ambivalence is generally a sign for me of complete disinterest in a person.  I started writing about knowing love, and at this point, I am looking at the genesis of love, its beginning point, the knowing when you are in the company of your kindred.  The draw for me is natural, unwavering, magnetic and undeniable.  All of my greatest relationships started with this drawing near to the other, this inexplicably impossible to ignore urge to be with them, enjoy their company, soak them up somehow because I felt joyful With them.  I heard a motto, if it feels Light, go toward it.  I always want to go toward The Light.  The ones I love, they too walk towards The Light~you all know who you are.  This is for my people, my kindred.

No comments:

Post a Comment