Friday, August 9, 2013

Love Is

I heard an amazing line that hit and stunned me to full attention and appreciation for its pure truth. This is from Steve Furtick, pastor of Elevation Church "if the size of the vision for your life isn't intimidating to you, there's a good chance it's insulting to God". Man alive I love this!  My deepest brightest desire is to live fully, with purpose and meaning and an abundance mentality and to love like Jesus. This has been a tall order in my life thus far, especially the love like Jesus part because this means the walls must come tumbling down.  The walls of serpation and misunderstanding and self protection and and and, whatever walls block me from seeing, feeling, knowing the other and what makes them unique and precious and purposeful.  Jesus loved people when and where he met them, he could see the big and small of them and even though he knew them before they knew themselves, he always saw all of them, their capabilities and strengths living somehow cohesively with their inabilities and weaknesses.  The All Knowing Almighty sees all as it is, the good the bad the ugly and loves anyway, most of the time without the reward of reciprocation.  God led me to coaching and it is because I want to love like my King, love now, not when the other gets it, behaves better, does as I would do.  Coaching is a gift to the coach and it reinforces age old biblical principals "Love is patient and kind.  Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand it's own way.  It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance."  How can I go wrong when love is my goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment