Monday, July 1, 2013

Spaghetti and Humanity

Sometimes I feel like I'm one cooked spaghetti strand in a bowl of strands, all jumbled and mixed together in a heaping mess.  Certain situations, people, circumstances, and perspectives make for this messy concoction of humanity, with themes hardly discernible and endlessly tiresome to un-mess.  As a coach, and as a personal trainer, I like clean lines, I like puzzle pieces falling into place and I like the whole person and all of their moving parts to work symmetrically and in sync with ease and fluidity. Yeah, hahaha, that makes me grin and say ahhhhhhhhh. I jumped out of a spaghetti bowl today, one strand extracted from the jumble and as I separated myself from the other cooked noodles, I began to gain clarity and straighten up. With the clarity I realized that I am very subject to the energy of others, particularly when they have sealed their own fate with depressed fatalism.  Without hope, there is a giving away of the self and dreams die while a restless longing remains, an empty unfulfilled ache.  My hope remains, for all the jumbled messy noodles out there, jump out of that bowl and claim the life that awaits you.

No comments:

Post a Comment