Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Gentle now, easy does it

Ever work wayyyyy harder than you needed to?  On an orientation coaching call, the trainer had one of those red Staples buttons and throughout the call she hit the button periodically and a "that was easy" would come out loudly and clearly over the phone lines, making me laugh every time.  Today I used my salad spinner to get rid of excess water from my romaine, and I realized that typically, I spin that sucker as fast as I can. Today, I gently turned the crank and I noticed the spinner does all the work, even with a gentle turn...upon reflection, I realize I have used excessive force to generate action, reaction, end goal results.  Regret could flood in and cause a sense of loss or remorse, but I would much rather take the learning and gently tread,  ninja like, in the minds, hearts and souls of the ones I love, those who share my life and world.

No comments:

Post a Comment