Saturday, July 20, 2013

Remaining Whole, after the Hole

Odd how rest and relaxation can make you more creative. Today, I lived without urgency, and as I did so, I noticed that the usually persistent and pestering voice in my head just wasn't there. I started my day with God, the bible, and exercise. I danced and after that, I had a leisurely swim...then I got busy, doing the tedious items on my list of things to do and somehow, they weren't so tedious, and not nearly as daunting as I had thought them to be. I have a smirk and narrow eyed glare happening, as I recognize that slowing down affords me far more day to do...everything, including enjoying myself.  The great lie has been that if I'm not physically busy, then somehow I must be planning to be busy, otherwise I am a time waster and perhaps lazy?  This is a trap, and as I climb out of the hole in the ground that held me captive, I shake my head and smirk again, knowing that the trap is waiting for me, ready to swallow me whole. No. No means no. Today was one of the best days of my life, again, and I grin with pleasure that I chose it, it didn't choose me.

No comments:

Post a Comment