Saturday, March 29, 2014

Fear vs Faith

"Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders, let me walk upon the waters, wherever you would call me". This is part of a Hillsong song, called Oceans. It is spectacular in its haunting message, a request of God, the Holy Spirit, to instill trust, a deep and abiding trust to go where He would have us go, fearlessly, with a sense of borderlessness.  The song is almost ten minutes long and I find it riveting.  It is fear that stops us, fear that is menacing and threatening, it is fear that must be quelled and concured and shut down in order to live in faith.  Let me be clear, I don't just speak of faith in God, although I firmly and unabashedly hold that fear cannot survive in the face of faithfulness to God, I speak of faith in ability, skills, personal expansion and greatness.  What is the hugest most threatening IMAGINED fear you have?  Let's face it, fear is imaginary, it only has teeth eyes and hair when indulged, then it becomes a character in the narrative in our heads.  Kill it, look it in the face and challenge it's existence...taking risks won't kill me, won't kill you, NOT taking them is a slow and painfully boring death. Fear vs Faith, each is a state of being, which one will you chose to live out loud?

No comments:

Post a Comment