Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Ugly Faces

The natives are getting restless. This is how we all feel: a strange sense of what am I supposed to do?

Everyone and no one knows, what we are supposed to do. The funny thing about that, is we are like little ants, and someone has disturbed our sand castle: scurrying around to rebuild it to its former glory seems near impossible. 

Just like your momma used to say
Former glory seems near impossible ... I am biting my lover lip, squinting my eyes, and tilting my head at the concept of there having been former glory, prior to March, 2020. The people of the world were already making an ugly face, and just like your momma used to say, don't make that face, it will stick, she was right, it has. Faces just got a little uglier 

He came knowing
Faces just got a little uglier ... 

I imagine Jesus, walking through the crowds, the ones He came to redeem. He could not trust them, not with his safety, His well being, or even with his life. 

He came knowing that He would be crucified, but He walked amongst them anyway. It was in there eyes, the way they looked at Him: He recognized the murderous glares, the hateful stares, the I-want-to-get-my-hands-on-you and choke-the-life-out-of-you blood lust. He saw Cain kill His own brother; as God, Jesus witnessed the first murder: He knows what humans are capable of. 

Deity deeming to gaze
He knows what humans are capable of ... 

There were some in the crowd, when they saw Him, when their eyes happened to meet and hold with His for a moment in eternity, that melted immediately in His presence. Deity deeming to gaze in our direction, what I wouldn't give for a moment like that, right here, right now. 

Emerging from the crowd
What I wouldn't give for a moment like that, right here, right now ...

Come, follow me 

Picturing the crowds, I see surging, a human hate wave, lunging at Jesus in an attempt to sweep Him up, and off into the drowning deep. Then I see individuals, one by one, emerging from the crowd, eyes trained on Him, mesmerized and awed by The Light and drawn inexplicably, irresistibly to Him. 

Lord help us
Drawn inexplicably, irresistibly to Him ... 

To be like Jesus, walking and talking confidently about the Kingdom of Heaven, in a crowd of ugly faces, could be a terrifying idea: the fear of reprisal might overwhelm a person, and keep them from following in His footsteps. But a more repugnant thought, is to be one of the cross minded murderous crowd, displaying their vicious demonic desire to injure, to maim, to hurt, to destroy, to kill. Lord help us, the horror of it all is soul sickening. 

He modelled for us

And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked (Ephesians 6:15) 

  • We are promised peace in him
  • We are promised tribulation in the world

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world (John 16:33) 

Ugly faces
I see the ugly faces, snarling, hating, wanting to justify a kill. My eyes light on them, and then I turn my gaze elsewhere. I am searching the crowds, looking for my kindred, the ones that know our Saviour, and cannot help but come forth, following our Emmanuel

Thou shalt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusted in thee (Isaiah 26:3) 

What am I supposed to do?
What am I supposed to do, you ask? You are to speak truth in love, knowing that many will not receive your rebuke, and you expose yourself to being rebuffed. You and I, are not to be silent, because of this command: 

Go ye therefore, and teach all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen (Matthew 28:19-20)

It is by hearing the word of God that many come to Christ: 

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17) 

It is the peace part that is hard
When I think of walking in the footsteps of my Saviour, there is wrestling with the peace part, since many feel incensed and pushed to breaking points, and yet: 

If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all (Romans 12:18)

Conquering death
Let us be very, very clear. Jesus died for our freedom from death, conquering death when He rose from the grave. We are not bondservants, and enslavement is not to be tolerated, not to be accepted, not to be. 

Those that entrap, enslave, imprison other human beings, belong to the murderous crowd, the ones that arrogantly think they are capable of killing The King. While we walk peaceably as much as it depends on us, we do not submit to being ushered into cages chosen by the enemies of our God. 

We are called to prayer
  • Am I calling you to war? 
  • Am I inciting battle? 
  • Do I rally you to take up arms? 
Maybe, maybe I do, dear reader, but it is not the kind of war, battle, or arms that the world wages. Oh no, we are fighting, and our weapons are far superior to what godless humans have on offer. We are called to prayer, as God goes before us ... and we are also called to stand, saying no to any and all demands from the enemy to bow down to his heinous ways. This may require physical arms, to protect ourselves, in time, and for a time...

Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth, there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three (Luke 12:51-52) 

Jesus tells us how to have peace in a waring world. He tells us we will have tribulation; facing off, against those we know, those we love, in our own household, neighbourhood, community, church, work place, with our dearest friends. It is our current reality; it is Revelation.

Now about you
  • Is your face ugly to the Saviour, dear reader? 
  • Do you snarl when you think of Him, or; 
  • Are you one that professes Him as King? 
  • To whom do you pledge your allegiance? 
  • To whom do you answer?

There are only two options: The Father of Heavenly Lights, or the Prince of Darkness

To whom, do you, belong? 


No comments:

Post a Comment