Thursday, January 2, 2014

Stop Talking

I have been a coughing fool for over a week.  When I laugh, I cough.  When I talk, I cough...my husband suggested I refrain from talking, funny guy!  But maybe, just maybe, he has a point?  Silence isn't my forte, it is yet to become my friend.  I worked with a coach recently who asked powerful questions but didn't give time for answers, new coaches do that, and as a new coach, I'm still learning pace and I too ask questions without space for answers, I must will myself to w a I t.  I gave the coach feedback, I told him his questions were like dynamite, that they were powerful and explosive and he should drop the question, allow the explosion and let the client pick up the pieces.  Metaphor is becoming a language for me, and I find meaning in all the experiences life offers. The cough is a funny metaphor, an annoying reminder that the noise of the cough is useless, purposeless~when I compare this to words, they too become like useless noise, annoying and purposeless when overused. 

No comments:

Post a Comment