Monday, January 13, 2014

Tapped Out

Today I went to the mat, held down by the power of coaching...in my surrender I was held captive to the tenants of the coaching model. In a resent coaching session, I got aggressive, opinionated, out of a desire on my part to have the client make choices that would serve her well, that would resonant with her values. There is a fine line between being fiercely courageous for the client and pointing them in the direction I AS COACH, want them to go.  Coaching wrestled me to the ground since my last session, reminding me what my job description is, reminding me that everyone is naturally creative resourceful and whole and that the answers to life's big questions come from within, NOT from an outside source...not from a coach, a councillor, a consultant, an expert~God knows I don't like to be told what to do or what to think!  Today I have the opportunity to coach, I mean really coach, with ears that hear, eyes that see, a heart that feels...today I tap out, coaching wins as I surrender to its wisdom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment