Friday, January 31, 2014

See no Evil

Two blogs ago I wrote Shameless...I was in a tail spin, unnerved by wreck less and what I will call anti social behaviour. Thank goodness for new dawns, bringing new days and a whole new perspective. I had the good and bad, the black and white, the rude and gentile face me head on the other day as I sat waiting my turn to turn left in the middle of an intersection. One driver took an "extra turn" by going through the yellow light, despite having plenty of time to stay. The other driver, he stayed, giving me the right of way...I gave him a thank you wave and he returned the wave.  Following this exchange I realized something delightful. I can chose to acknowledge the good, the shiny crystal clear, the gentile in others, the behaviour that warrents my admiration and appreciation and ignore the other stuff.  Keeping my sights on the pure, the lovely, the loveable, this feeds the right verses the might, the power vs the force, the good vs the age old evil. There is something to be said for righteous anger, for expressing disappointment and hurt and the full range of human emotion~this I give myself permission to do, for a time.  Feelings are temporary, fleeting and at the best of times and with attention given them, they are informative, but I never want them to define me, shape me, mold me or speak for me.  See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil...what if I lived like that, for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment