Sunday, January 22, 2023

Un-see, Un-hear

Lightly grasp
I have these feelings hanging around the doorway, looking at me, waiting for me to look back, and invite them in. I don't want to, so I have been pretending they aren't there, hoping they will go away. I have seen and heard some things that I wish I hadn't; for the love of God, I cannot comprehend the possibilities. I lightly grasp concepts, and drop them quickly, knowing that if I take hold and really allow the seeing, the hearing, the feelings may kill me with sorrow. 

Monstrous actions
It is the children, dear reader. Some humans don't appear to be human any longer, and their monstrous actions ought to liquify our bones, melting us in utter grief for the man handled, misused, and abused little ones. My mind again, picks up and quickly drops images that threaten to rend my soul. To look closely is to comprehend the despicable, putting together the how to's of the wicked ones. I don't want to understand any of what they do, or why they do it. I do, however, want to keep my eyes trained on the little ones... how can I sooth a soul, comfort the devastated, love them when I can not touch them, hug them close, or bring them back to a time when innocence was theirs? 

Repugnant things
I have never been one of those Christians that longs for the end to come quickly: I like this life. As I type, I acknowledge that if the end is not near, and Biblically so, then I am afraid that I will see and hear such repugnant things, even while I attempt to look away and stop up my ears, that I will begin to beg God to make it stop, roll up the world as though it is a scroll, and give us the perfection of heaven, where there is no more sorrow, no more suffering and tears. As an onlooker into the darkness that threatens to engulf; as someone that is cushioned, I do not think of myself being whisked off to heaven, dear reader. I am embarrassingly comfortable, while pedophiles post their proud queer lifestyles publicly, displaying their prey on walls, virtual and otherwise, as though they have hunted and killed animals rather than small, helpless, defenceless, babies and children. If I could pluck the babes from those filthy vile hands, and deliver them myself into the safety of heaven, then I would in a heart beat. 

Real children
If you are at all like me, you are reading this from a cozy chair, perhaps with a steaming coffee by your side, with the day yawning ahead of you: leisure, exercise, food and drink of choice, all options at your disposal. My dogs are treated like favoured children, while real children are... dear reader, while real children are... you finish the sentence: I know you can, if you have seen and heard, what I have. Humans have become grotesque in their thoughts and deeds. Empathy has all but died, and I have not a clue on how to make any of it better. It used to give me a sense of purpose and solace, giving to rescue missions, trusting the dollars donated would make a difference in someones life. Alas, sinister hands have smudged the organization's that call themselves Christian, and I am hesitant to ever give again. Which leaves me with this helpless feeling, of only being able to weep. 

Before you mock me, and suggest I get out there and do something instead of being a cry baby, I ask you, if you have seen and heard what I suggest is evident all around us, with corruption seeped into all sectors, what are you doing to protect the little ones, and make this stop? 

Inky black
There are some that have dug their own grave, and they cannot throw the dirt back in fast enough to save themselves from being buried there. They have gone the way of the wicked, and we all know what happens to people that choose to hurt and maim, rather then help and heal. The darkness they attempt to hide in gets inky black, and the murder they commit turns inward, as they slowly kill themselves. Imagine living with the memories of dismembering an innocent crying baby, or molesting and raping a helpless child, and having to act as though you don't do these things, when you are out and about in the world. Imagine trying to not go crazy: and isn't this exactly what we are witnessing? The wicked ones are losing their grip, they speak senselessly, and they are going insane with every passing day. They have done unspeakable things in the dark that have them afraid of the day, and it is their bones that we can hear rattling, as dead men and woman walking. I shudder to think of their recompense. 

The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with the everlasting burnings? (Isaiah 33:14)

Hurting, maiming, killing innocent children does not bode well for perpetrators. Revelation 21:8 is my comfort for the day, because while I feel helpless to change what is happening world wide, I know that God's Sovereign plan was in place long before I saw, long before I heard, what ought not to be: 

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

1 comment: