Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Welcome to Communicable Diseases

Welcome to communicable diseases (said in a rich deep vibrant DJ voice). This is the recorded greeting for the immunization health unit. This message cracked me up and I giggled and or full on laughed at the thought of it and my repeating it to others, throughout the day.  A communicable disease is clearly something to be avoided, being welcome to it was plain old ridiculously hilarious!  When choosing who to speak to, a recorded request is made of the listerner that goes something like this "if you have a fever or flu like symptoms, do not come to the clinic", this message delighted me as much as the first one!  I'm inclined to spin this into a super cool metaphor...come with me. What if the communicable disease is dis, ease, agitation, anger, dissatisfaction, selfishness, bitterness, self pity, entitlement, envy, self indulgence, me first?  These are real health threats, corrosive and sometimes, contagious, emotional contagions as it were. Why would you or I want to be exposed to these toxins?  What is the impact when we are?  I for one feel sick afterward and like any illness, the symptoms take a while to dispel, they linger far longer than the actual exposure experience took in the first place.  Doctors and nurses are called to the aid of the ill, they have healing hearts and hands and they expose themselves to real and deadly disease for the sake of others, those who request their help for healing are given the gift of health aid~this said, they have a call to duty, to protect the general public from "communicating" illness by refraining from exposing others when they are already very sick.  Coaching is like this, the client can bring all their dis ease to the coaching relationship BECAUSE they want to get better, move away from what makes them emotionally sad and sick and toward what makes them healthy, whole and feels like heart singing resonance.  Clients learn to move away from emotional contagion and toward health filled loving relationship first with themselves, and then with others. I want to catch happiness, I want to infect others with joy, I want to be so contagious that everyone is bitten by the love bug!  Perhaps you have been bitten today, in a great and wonderful way?  I sure hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment