Sunday, March 10, 2024

Thanking Me

WARNING: Caustic, even sarcastic, writing ahead ⚠️ 

My Acceptance Speech

Why thank you all, for this great award. I am not really shocked, since I have it coming to me, and it was only a matter of time before it was publicly recognized how worthy I am to receive this acclaim! Actually, you kind of took a little longer than I anticipated, but I will forgive the delay, if not the certain someones that procrastinated in finally giving me what I deserve. You people, I have taken notice of, and let's just say, two can play at that game. 

Anyways, I would like to thank a couple of people, for being there for me when I needed them the most. I will start with my mother, that divine goddess who chose me to be her daughter. You did a great job mom, just look at me now! I am successful, gorgeous with a winning smile, personality, and hot body to boot! And mom, this award, it will look GREAT in the middle of my mantel, along side all the other trophies I have accumulated over the years. You taught me how to be self-focused, to win at all costs, and to do it my way. It makes me tear up to think that you were right, and all your words of wisdom really work! I am soaring high in my career, and kind of you know, untouchable: I recall you telling me accomplished people are like that, no one can catch and hold them, and I am climb climb climbing my way to the top, with a whole heap of people beneath me! Ha, feels so good ma, so good to be me.

Ok, where was I? I was going to thank a couple of people but I realize that yellow flashing light is suggesting my time up here needs to wrap, so I will just thank one more special someone: ME!

If it weren't for all my hard work, my self-teaching, my mentoring me when I needed to sharpen and become more authentic and genuinely me in all my talents and abilities, I just don't know where I would be right now. I am self-made, self-taught and motivated, so wowsers, I guess I get to congratulated me, in front of all of you, on this and every IWD ~ International Women's Day. If I have to explain what IWD stands for, you need to get out of that cave you have been living in. Wake-up for goodness sakes. Don't you know women rule the world now, or at least, we should! 

Okay Okay, red light flashing, I must take this glorious award that so becomes me and say adieu, until I am awarded again!

Thank Me, and thank you, um, you people that um, well thanks. 

Ciao for now fans!

______________________________________________________

Dear reader, this short and spoofy acceptance speech is my way of mocking a question I was asked on a professional business forum, designed to make me feel special in the asking:

"Whether it's a friend, mentor, or even yourself - who do you celebrate this #IWD24?

This entertained me beyond measure! See in the right hand upper corner, my public response to this idiotic invitation to pay obsequious homage to hint hint, another female, including MYSELF! 

I do not bite the bait, but I sure can make fun of the pretending, and the grotesque suggestion of self-aggrandizement via celebrating me. Just a little entertainment for a snowy Sunday March afternoon 🤪

No comments:

Post a Comment