Monday, December 19, 2016

Gods Glorious Glow

Super moon
Early last week I was driving and there it was, the moon! I was delighted and awestruck by this massive luminary. I wanted to drive toward it, hug it, let it know that it lit up my heart. It felt like it had been hung there for me, for me! I was moving, and so was the moon and as I drove. 

I craned my neck, hoping to catch glimpses between buildings, and other stationary structures. It was disappearing and seemed so far away, slipping below all that man has made, to cover up what God created.

Awestruck
 
I am not a sun or moon worshipper. I do not look to them as my guiding lights, my tellers of fortune or future. What I am, as I stated above, is awestruck. Then it occurred to me, its the same moon. It is the one that everyone experiences in the same sky and the same twenty-four hour period all across the world. It never changes and goes about its business, following its course, its prescribed path. It is the same moon that I, that you, have always known. We share this moon, and when it lights up the sky at night, it is a wonder to behold. But when it lights up the sky as my day begins, as your day begins dear reader, it is astounding.

Breaking the darkness with light
It is as though God wants to break the darkness, give us somewhere to look. The moon, it was right in front of me, saying look, here I am, light. As it slipped below the skyline, the sun was unseen and yet, it too gave light by which to see. Continuous Light.

We need only look straight ahead, follow the moving path to where the rays lead us. In a darkened world, The Light is all we have, and it is our everything. 

In my arms, I carried my young son, and he would point, saying "Look mummy, the moon, the moon." Yes, the moon, the moon... It is the same moon for you, for me, for every creature that roams the earth. A moving reminder of our smallness and Gods Greatness, His Majestic Presence represented in the stars, the lights of the sky.

I can only see what is in front of me
His plans are perfect and mine are so very finite, and focused on me. I can only see what is in front of me, and my gaze turns away from illumination, and slips into the shadows, the darkened corners of doubt and questioning. 
  • Is it my fate, our fate, dear reader, to a life doomed to darkness, unknowing, and the infirmity of irresolution? 
I think not, because the moon, it was hung there for me to see, for you to behold, to take our breath away in awestruck wonder.

Gods Glorious Glow 
The Light by which we can see

No comments:

Post a Comment