Monday, December 5, 2016

Capitulation

Capitulation is defined as: the action of ceasing to resist an opponent or demand. This is what I want, right now Dear Reader. I don't want to wait, I don't want to trust, I don't want to elegantly state all in good time or whatever will be will be or this modern day version of the sentiment, it is what it is. All of this waiting around makes me stir crazy, causes my heart rate to elevate and irritates the heck out of me. I want capitulation, and I want it now. I am comfortable having a chuckle at myself while my lip curls in agitation. I know what the lesson is and I resist it with resentment. I must wait, and in the waiting, I will learn patience. Yuck. Forgive me Dear Reader, for sounding like an adolescent while I feel like one. Patience oh Good God, this is the last thing I want to learn right NOW! So here is my history, it helps me understand my present and my future. I have read the bible, I have been in bible study, church, listened to Christian radio and countless hours of messages. I have biblical stories that appear before my very eyes, alive, animated as though I am watching in a grand theatre in the best possible seats. When I seek answers the perfect story presents itself and I feel like God is solidly leading me to understanding His story line, and along with it, His time line too 2 Peter 3:8-9 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." With this knowledge, I am still impatient Dear Reader, because I want what I want and I want it now. Here is where my growth edge lives and breathes. There is the wanting and then there is the reality, that the waiting is sometimes the only way. I want God to capitulate, to stop resisting my demands and take action and He wants me to mature, settle down, go do what He asks me to do and stop telling Him how it should be done. The stories, they are here for me, they are here for you and in it all, we benefit from character development, bringing us closer to the ideal, the model, our Jesus. So here I am, and here you are and this is what He wants us to know for this day Romans 15:4-5 "For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." I capitulate, I surrender, I submit, I will trust and I will wait because I have hope and I trust in God the Father. What about you Dear One, will you endure with hope? Our days are short and sometimes so is our patience, He knows this and is with us in the waiting room, holding our hand...do you feel this too? You are not alone, never alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment