Tuesday, July 26, 2016

The World Needs Us

"The world needs us because we love Jesus", Linda Grace Byers. I am laughing because I am quoting myself. This is a statement I made to a friend and colleague. Think about this: If I love God more than anyone and anything and my mission is to glorify His name by loving His people and following in the footsteps of His son, of whom He is well pleased, does it not follow that I can be entrusted with the great work He has for me in this world? What is the great work, you ask? My work is to guide people unto themselves through a relationship with God. Having them see themselves with His eyes and discover the life God ordained for them. The eyes of Love are misty over His children and He wants for each of us to know Him and feel His tender and secure embrace. Into you, into me He has built majesty, mastery, magnificence, magnifying who He is in His created treasured children. Trust a Christian, yes, we are trust worthy because our code of ethics is based on Gods laws, Gods command. Trust a Christian, yes, because he who has been forgiven much, loves much. Trust a Christian, yes, because we give from a desire to share abundant joyful life, the life we have garnered from accepting the gift that comes from faith. John 10:25-32 Jesus answered them, "I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me, but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. I and the Father are one. Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus said to them, "I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?" Did you catch that Dear One, He has shown "many great miracles from the Father" and all we have to do is believe! You will die some day, I will die someday and I don't know about you but I believe in life after death and I am thrilled that I am in Jesus' hand and will be given eternal life. This means I get to enjoy here and now AND eternity with the best ever lover of humanity, Jesus! You can throw stones at Him if you like, deny Him His place and due and just as He asked over 2000 years ago to the Pharisees, He will ask you, "For which of these (miracles) do you stone me?" I grin as I finish. The name Jesus stirs and stirs, does it not? It brings up sentiment, emotion, controversy, discussion, argument, division, unity, and undeniably, claims of Who He Is. I leave you with this: Hebrews 1:8 But about the Son he says: "Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever, and righteousness will be the sceptre of your kingdom." This is God the Father referring to His Son, as "O God"! You and I, we are subjects in Gods kingdom and our Ruler is Righteous. The world needs Christians, people who love Jesus and want to be just like Him, who else can be trusted other than He, Dear One? Do you trust Him? You are one of His living breathing miracles, deny Him not-won't you choose to follow Him this day and into eternity? 

No comments:

Post a Comment