Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Who Is Your Master?

My life is not my own. Oh sure, I get to do whatever I want within this body that I call mine but that is the most base usage of the gift of life available to each of us. Abusing the body bruises the soul-is this something you have noticed too, Dear Reader? Taking care of the vehicle you are in offers the benefit of self efficacy, the satisfaction of caring for the you that lives inside of there. We get to choose whether or not we handle ourselves with care and this begs several questions: for what purpose and as an adjunct, how accountable are you for how you live your life? Here I have a confession to make. I have been praying for God to pierce my heart and in gratitude, I report that I am receiving what I have asked for. I am convicted this day with this certainty. The Holy Spirit has been ignored, pushed aside with the volume turned down low for many of my days as a Christ follower. My love for Jesus is my greatest love and yet, I have not conformed to His image. The ways of this world are enticing and engaging and as I write this, you and I both know, they leave us wanting, feeling lack. John 2:15 "Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them." Then there is this in Matthew 6:24 "No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money." I have been riding the divided line on the highway of life, changing lanes frequently depending on what I want, what I like, what moves me or how I feel given the circumstances. I am either loving God or loving me. Can you relate, Dear One? Here I must soften, because God gives us grace, His unmerited favour. He knows our tendencies and what can be shiny enough to draw our attention away from Him and toward our own propensities to indulge in worldly pursuits. Thankfully, we are not left to our own devices and God, forever faithful, pursues His children. His voice, in the person of The Holy Spirit, dwells within and we are recalled from our game of hide and seek. God turns on the street lights and calls out ollie ollie in come-free. I am picking my lane Dear Reader. I am on purpose in my pursuit of glorifying The One who made me. I am accountable to honour God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. My life is not my own and my joy is abundant. Who do you belong to Dear One? Who is your Master? Has God pierced your heart recently? If not, won't you consider asking this of Him this very minute? He will not disappoint-He is calling you home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment