Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Subjective Truth as Fallacy

Subjective truth is a fallacy. A bold statement that challenges popular beliefs. Perception is reality is also a lie-this statement may make me unpopular! So what is the measure of truth and what is truth ultimately, you ask? My answer may seem very subjective to you and than there may be some finger pointing from you directed at me when I say that Truth is Biblical. I could make an argument for my beliefs in the form of apologetics, meaning: "reasoned arguments or writings in justification of something, typically a theory or religious doctrine" but many that have gone before me have done such scholarly brilliant work in this area that I dare not theorize for fear of not being equal to the task.  Men of God abound and jump from the pages of history, speaking prophetically with The Inspired Word of God pouring from them for us to peruse, review, use for our edification and spiritual encouragement. I eat, I drink, sleep and awake. I get dressed, work, read, write, play and I day dream and wonder. My soul travels elsewhere into the Heavenlies and I know there is more to this world than what I can see, smell and touch. Dare I say you know there is more too? The Bible explains, implores, encourages, answers questions that you and I have and ones we have yet to consider. The problem some humans have isn't in the asking of questions, it is in the Source and the answers given. God as Director of the Universe is very specific in His responses to any and all questions. I will stop right here or perhaps you will because I ask you now, have you read The Bible? This is the finger pointing opportunity you have been waiting for, the one where you may be inclined to say "There, right there, this writer has been subjected to nonsense and believes it to be true." Except that what I am sharing about the truth and where to locate it does not come from me, Dear Reader. I am ill equipped to match what has been written in The Book and it is not to my knowledge that I am attempting to turn you. Many an atheist, many an agnostic has picked up The Bible and experienced it as The Truth, given to man from God Almighty. I sight C.S Lewis, a scholar in his day and recognized still as one of the greatest apologetics to have graced the earth, as a former atheist who could no longer avoid or ignore Truth while reading The Bible. Questions about money, health, food, drunkenness, infidelity, marriage, lying, stealing, jealousy, greed, sexuality, heaven, hell and anything your wondering heart may be landing on right now is discussed in The Book. There is no escaping what Gods mandates are and for this reason, people don't want to hear about it, read it, let alone consider it. People want what they want and always have, contorting the truth and God with a smear campaign so that whatever their subjective truth happens to be, they can be comfortable with their life choices. For many none-believers (this is what Christians call people who don't believe that The Bible is the inspired word of God), no authority is worthy of their attention let alone their affection. It is the clay jar mocking the Master Potter. Isaiah 64:8 "Yet you, LORD, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand." If your finger is out and pointing in my direction, I will leave you with this; I did not make me, choose my family or place of birth. I did not choose my eye colour or skin colour, height or existence nor will I choose my death date. You, Dear Reader, had no say either and without consulting you, SomeOne took what looked like a lump of clay and crafted marvellous you. He had the first say in your existence and He will have the last. The in-between part is up to you-acknowledging Him and His authority in your life and what is to follow after your earthly stay, is 100% your free will choice. The Bible stands as Truth, whether you like it or not. Done and Done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment