Friday, October 31, 2014

Muscle & Wholeness

Muscles are like out of work actors, they will take anything you throw their way. Gravity pulls everything down, down, down, and weight training is like putting the apple back up into the tree...muscles are anti gravity and lifting weights moves body parts back to their place of origin, back up, up, up. Muscles know not age and they want to work, they are made to work and it is an act of deprivation to keep them from what they were designed for, which is to keep the body strong, supported, healthy, functioning, protecting the joints and maintaining the straight up and down posture that ensures organs stay in their place of origin with lots of room to do their own work to keep you and me alive and full of life. Some may not like reading this and my hope is that it is an advanced warning, a call to action, to take care of the shell you are in purposefully. When the body is neglected, it affects, or more accurately, infects the mind, the soul. Traditionally we have been taught that we are made up of three "parts", the mind, body, and soul. Integration of these parts requires thoughtful, conscientious choosing, movement toward wholeness. Now, You and Me, we are each separate parts of the Whole of this thing we call Humanity. It is not selfishness to take care of my own body, my own mind, my very soul, it is purposeful, it is for the sake of service, for the sake of The Whole. My strength is the worlds gain and it is in my Wholeness as an independent unit that I am made available to be a fully functioning elemental part of the Whole of Humanity...without me, there is a missing link, a weakening in the chain, a broken strand of DNA. I am here, and therefore I am important and my life has meaning. You are here, and therefore you are important and your life, it has meaning...go, think, do, feel, be on your purpose, love yourself first and than you can truly love another, and than another, and so on, and so on and...

No comments:

Post a Comment