Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Seeing Stars

Shooting Stars
Tiny exhibition for my eyes only
Shooting stars are a wonder to behold. Have you seen a shooting star, or perhaps, many in the night sky? 

Last summer I had the pleasure of watching a celestial display, the darkened heavens dotted with bright lights, combined with streaks of brilliance. Gods fireworks put on for anyone who happened to look up. This morning, I stretched with my eyes closed, and when I opened them, I saw my own personal display of fireworks, shooting stars that appeared real but are apparently, (I just learned from a google search) a result of the "retina being rubbed by the gel in your eyeball"... I do recall rubbing my eyes after which, the stars appeared!

Watching the stars
When the stars appeared, I kept my head back and I watched them, with my eyes moving slightly to and fro, until the last one left my peripheral vision. I delighted in the tiny, only for me exhibition. I took the time to notice that God designed the heavens and the earth, and He gave each one of us an inbuilt ability to see His handiwork, to celebrate in precious moments of wonder. Science is the gift of explaining the physical how come, but dear reader, science does not explain the why of fireworks, the why of a God that loves us so much, that He gives us our own personal moments of awe. Awe can be everywhere but sometimes, we forget to look, appreciate, take the time to notice and be thankful.

Today is my birthday
Today is my birthday. I wondered this morning, why this day? Why did God select January third as the day He would introduce me to His universe? He picked this day for me, and He picked your birthdate too, dear reader. How come? I mean why, oh why, would He give us this amazing gift of life? 

I asked Him this question, and I am guaranteed an answer because I asked. This too, is a wonder, that the God of the universe would choose to have a personal relationship with little old me, and with little old you too!

Being a star
I want to shine brightly, how about you dear one? 
I want to illuminate someones day, what about you, dear reader? 
I want someone to know, this day, that they were chosen by God to be here, that He picked their date of birth, and that He loves them so much, that they are the shooting stars in His eyes...

Isn't this how we feel about people we love: our children, our friends, our spouses? I am taking the time today to see the stars in my life, those who shine brightly and light the way. 

What will you take the time to appreciate and admire, in someone else, this day? 

Happy Birthday to you, I know you have one, just like I do. Let us celebrate everyday

Rub your eyes a little, perhaps you too, will see shooting stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment