Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Nurse with the Needle

Shot in the arm
I got a shot in the arm yesterday, literally and figuratively. The literal and physical part came in the form of a tetanus jab. My doctor likes preventive medicine, a way of protecting her patients from disease and illness given the true facts that we are susceptible to both as we cruise through life. The second part of the equation, the figurative one, came in the form of wisdom from the nurse that stuck the needle in my arm. Yesterday I felt the pressure of the fluid forced through the tip of the needle and last night, I could feel some site soreness. Today, I squint my eyes at the real reason for my doctors office visit, the words that reverberated in my head as I drove away, and the same message that has come back to me this morning, my lessons for this day...

Your future
Your friends are your future. This is the first message I received. Make me proud. This is the second one. Be smart. This is the third message imparted by the nurse with the needle. These were the mini sermons she would repeat to her children as they grew. Nurse Janice told me her son always remembered the first of these messages and I suspect from her story that he has chosen his friends wisely...

One word and life verse for the year
This year I have selected one word for myself as a daughter given guiding light advice from a Daddy that whispers, your friends are your future, make me proud, be smart. The word is obey. My life verse for this next year is this:

But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness (James 3:17-18)

I have a lot of work to do dear reader, because I am not fully matured yet in my faith. I am not wise according to the heavenly biblical standards set out here. My Father knows this and encourages me continually and one day, I will be able to say to Him, I always remembered your messages to me and Daddy, I hope I make you proud.

Be smart
  • Have you selected your one word for the year dear one? Have you decided what your life verse will be? 
  • In your desire to learn, you will be taught. 
The teacher has life messages for you that will protect you, keep you from harm and better than this, enrich you with a harvest of righteousness. I am in awe of this last word, the one that hints at the heavenly realms... a word not spoken in secular society. 

I feel us being called up and my hope is that we answer the call, that we are "smart". Pick your word, your verse, and live by it this year. This quite likely, will make for an astounding future...

Addendum: It is December 30th, 2021, and I see how the past commitment, to a word with meaning, and a life verse, saved me from complying with wickedness

Many of my friends and I parted ways, because they chose to disobey God, living in fear for their lives, and not only acquiescing with the edicts of wicked, murderous men, but wanting me and my family to do the same. I did not fall prey to predatory ways, and the friends that have remained, truly are, part of my future, on earth and for eternity, because they too, refrained from giving themselves over to demonic ways

God gave me wisdom, in my obedience... my only regret, is the tetanus shot I got from a doctor that went on to betray far more patients then she loved to healing: she is an accomplice to murder, and I am grateful God gave me discernment, and kept me far from her deadly "preventive medicine" clutches 

No comments:

Post a Comment