Monday, December 21, 2015

Wanderlust

Bottom to top, this is how I decided to read an email from a friend. I have met people that read the ending in books before they start the book~they start at the end, final page, rather than from page 1. I don't really understand why and maybe I will by the end of this writing, but I'm sure they have their reasons. Today I scrolled to the bottom and read to the top of my pals email and this experience delighted me. My friend has a lot of joy and we have similar life approaches. We are sorters. We sort through our thoughts and feelings looking for meaning, hoping to make sense and understand what it is we are meant to learn, to know, from our experiences. Starting from the bottom of her email I got to the pot of gold, her gorgeous life affirming epiphanies and as I worked my way up, I had the delight of seeing how she had traveled through the muddied waters of her pysche, always knowing that she would find a soul refreshing waterfall to cleanse herself under after her travels. She has hope and faith and this is where her joy is generated. Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen. We have within us this great capacity for wanderlust, defined as: a very strong or irresistible impulse to travel; an instinctive motive; "profound religious impulses". In wanderlust, flying becomes soaring, breathing becomes inhaling the richness of life and having becomes abundance. As I explored my friends email, bottom to top, I saw her sky high, this followed her leap from a precarious perch. A gorgeous vision to behold. Where she wants to be is set in her minds eye and the vision is stunning...she is currently at a take off point, readying herself for the flight of her life. Most best selling books have a logical and uplifting conclusion. Perhaps the reading from back to front, from bottom to top is a search for evidence of things unseen and yet already known, through hope? Understanding it all isn't essential, because wanderlust is made of dreams and it cannot be pinned down, tethered to earthly substance. My friend, the sorter, gave me these wise words to finish this piece "...so long as we arrive at the conclusions He meant for us to arrive at~the ones He gave us in the first place." God knows the whole story, back to front, bottom to top and he reveals Himself in the mystery of faith as we live our lives front to back. It is Good to know Him, The Original Author of Life, trusting in His plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment