Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Light

Siri tells me it is 8 degrees outside. While driving, I felt the warmth of the sun on my fingers as they wrapped around my steering wheel. The days have been dark and evening starts oddly and at outrageous times, darkness blanketing us by 5:30 pm. The appearance of the sun made me suddenly grateful and as it always does, it reminds me of The Son. I listened to a message today about all things being dedicated to Gods use, including pots and pans, all things useful to man. I thanked Him then, for the car I was driving, my to and fro vehicle. I thanked Him for my body, this well designed alive to and fro vehicle. I than thanked Him for my soul, every little piece of it and I gave it all to Him, dedicating myself to His purposes. If only I could remember to do this everyday? Mostly I am self occupied, can you relate? The whole idea of higher purpose and use to humanity, for the greater good, falls by the wayside when I get in the way, when you get in the way. Without God driving the bus (I took on passengers in this metaphor with humanity going along for the ride), the ditches have there allure, pulling self important passengers and would be drivers into their shallow trenches. Keeping my eyes on God is blinding, His brilliance makes me look away, lower my visor to keep the rays from penetrating my sensitve, only human eyes. While I drive, I am not the only one that benefits from the sons rays, they are available for everyone to soak up, savour, acknowledge. Luke 11:33-36 "No one after lighting a lamp puts it in a cellar or under a basket, but on a stand, so that those who enter may see the light. Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eye is healthy, your whole body is full of light, but when it is bad, your body is full of darkness. Therefore be careful lest the light in you be darkness. If then your whole body is full of light, having no part dark, it will be wholly bright, as when a lamp with its rays gives you light." Today, I gave myself to God. This sounds so strange even as I type it because but for Him, I would not be. The truth of the matter is that we can receive and never acknowledge the Giver, we can take and never thank the Benefactor, we can bask in the sun and never recognize The Son, the Source of all Light. We can forget that what we have is not ours to claim or to keep, they are all gifts from above. My work, whatever it may be, is not for me to decide or assess, it is to Him that I look for a map and travel plans and Light to illuminate my pathway. So this day, I rededicate and devote myself to God and His Son. Let there be Light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment