Sunday, December 27, 2015

Convergence

Convergence~the tendency of unrelated animals and plants to evolve superficially similar characteristics under similar environmental conditions; a location where airflows or ocean currents meet. Meet and blend, meet and become similar in characteristics because of environment? Astounding, to know that unrelated animals and plants "evolve superficially similar characteristics" in such marvellous ways and why not, isn't that what nature does, adapt? Let's jump in on the action and look at airflow and ocean currents, the kind that allows for people like you, like me, to converge, to meet and evolve. We are not plants and animals, we are humans, created after a higher order of being, existing for more than mere adaptation in order to survive. One. Water is water and all water regardless of current is but One. Air is air, with directional flow changing it, not One bit. Water is not air and the two cannot be confused with One another, they are separate and distinguishably different. I am not you, you are not me and yet, we are One. Now let's ditch the existentialism and go for the big news. I cannot direct natures air flow, waters current or where you and I may meet as we converge. I could stay at home and ensure that I control my environment and the people NOT in it, but as soon as I exit my home, I am subject to the winds of change, the possibility of soaking by torrential rain and lastly, meeting YOU. How come, I mean what makes this big news? 1 Corinthians 8:6 puts it this way "Yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist." I picture myself on the boat, one of His disciples, and Jesus walking through the rain, wind whipping at His hair and robe and Him beckoning me, "come, walk to me on the water". Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things, through Christ who strengthens me." Convergence? Yes, I want to meet my God, the One and become soulfully similar by being in His presence. If we have met, it is His way, for His purposes and I am grateful...lets walk out to our Saviour, on water, together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment