Monday, December 14, 2015

Favourite Toy

What is your favourite toy? Is it your iPad, phone, Fitbit, computer? For me, these are all distractions, my favourite toys are, forgive me for this, people! Now please don't misunderstand and hear me out on this one. What I mean by this is that when I am with certain people, they become characters, enlivened and playful, making relating to them pure joy. I can be rather intense, driven and dog on bone with concepts and points of interest and luckily for me, there are people in my life that are my joy activators. When I am with them, and I am with them now in sentiment, I get a lopsided grin, recalling the quirky brilliant unexpected things that come out of their mouths, or the crazy little things they do that make me laugh. Like wind up toys, they delight their audience, engaging the imagination. The movie Toy Story came out 20 short years ago, can you believe this news? One of the lines in the movie, spoken in exasperation by Woody to Buzz Lightyear is "you are a TOY". Buzz was all business and by contrast, Woody realized he was built for play and yet they both had comical and serious personality characteristics that made them irresistibly adorable, helping viewers connect with parts of themselves. I am focusing my gaze on this, that in relationship, we connect with the deepest parts of ourselves and ultimately, the Lightest Brightest who we really are parts. To all my favourite toy friends, the ones that like to play, even when it's all serious and we have to get down to business, I love you To Infinity and Beyond! 

No comments:

Post a Comment