Sunday, April 26, 2015

Warrior Princess

Creator of The Universe, I stand, hands on hips, feet wider then shoulder width apart, surveying the land, appreciating that before me lies opportunity and I am concurer of THE WORLD...HaHAhaaa, wicked laugh inserted. Who can stand against me, who is mighty enough to challenge this Warrior Princess? Come, offer me a battle of wits, a wrestling match of Spirits, you stand defeated before me, long before we engage. I create my world and I am the Super Hero in it...oops, wait, just one minute please? I need to adjust my bra strap, k almost there, one second, ok we are ON...where was I again, oh yeah, I am a mighty FORCE and, oh forget it, I lost my mojo. The battle rages on between strength, reliance on self, desire to be of value, in charge of my own destiny and mighty importance oh and one more hideously ugly self indulgent thing lurks, this belief that somehow I created anything at all. I happily write nope, nada, not one iota, NOTHING is mine nor has it ever been. What a relief! Check out Ecclesiastes 1 verses 9-11: What has been will be again, what has been done  will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun. Is there anything of which one can say, "Look! This is something new"? It was here long ago, it was here before our time. No one remembers the former generations, and even those yet to come will not be remembered by those who follow them. Is the Bible talking technology? Well if you want to go in that direction, you go right ahead and I hope to see you at the fork in the road, the one that has us both looking at choices. My point? There is one Creator, we are His divinely imbued miniatures and I'm all for eating from the unseen Hand that feeds me. The manna, my daily bread, is Heaven prepared and showers down upon me, leaving me wanting for nothing more than more from Him. In my human frailty, He provides my strength and  if He be for me, who can stand against me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment