Friday, May 16, 2014

Faith Enlivened

Today I coached co-actively with another fabulously talented coach, my Grace sister (our middle name is coincidentally the same).  The coaching was powerful and without details, I will say that the impact on the coachees was and will be, profound.  It was my first 2 coach, 2 client combo and when a friend and fellow coach asked "what was it like to really serve in this way" it came to me that it felt like a peace mission.  This made me want to weep with appreciation for the Co-Active model, the faith in fellow man and Ubuntu "a quality that includes the essential human virtues; compassion and humanity".  Me winning means someone else has to lose, sacrifice, not get what they want or deserve for fear of asking or out of a sense that what is important to them has no value or worth, or in other words, the I am not worthy sentiment that many live with.  Coaching is about wholeness, for self and for the other.  Coaches are advocates for clients and their wholeness and the ultimate goal is the client to be advocate for themselves with self compassion and humanity (compassion and love for others) as guiding principals.  The coaching model is faith enlivened~I see its power and go forth and spread The Good News.

No comments:

Post a Comment