Thursday, June 13, 2013

A Co-Active Coaching Portrait

The unearthing of meaning is delicate and intricate.  It requires a gentleness, with the softest of baby hair brush strokes. In my pre coaching days, I painted the world with broad brush strokes, selecting my colors from a limited pallet of my own choosing. Hahahaha, I am picturing people as paint by numbers characters and I am filling in the spaces with the 12 or so colors available that come in the kit-no room for creativity there!  Coaching is teaching me to listen for nuance, I am learning the art of subaudition;  I hear in shades and hues and subtle color changes.  Mixing my metaphors, yup!  Today I listened to my clients and they painted their own story, giving me a glimpse into their lives, just a snapshot of who they are, what matters most to them, what gives their life meaning.  I'm not the artist in someone else's life~as coach, I have the honor of baring witness to the artist in them, and this gives me much joy. Hire your coach soon...one is waiting for you to get in touch, with them and with YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment