Monday, February 6, 2017

"Slaying Resistance"

Noncommittally committed 

This morning, I had a plan set in my mind and within the plan was a 9:30 yoga class. I was noncommittally committed. This has been a theme for me that I am heaven bent on breaking. I want excellence in my life and yet, the price of payment for said excellence is consistency, vigilance, a stay the course at all costs attitude.

Developing emotional muscle and self-governance 

This is the emotional muscle I am developing dear reader, the me that perhaps God wants me to become so that I have the strength, tenacity and courage to persevere when it would be much easier to sigh, quit and have a nap. In speaking with my cousin this morning, I mentioned my urge to ditch yoga along with my urge to go to yoga. Funny thing, the tension of accountability to self-I must self govern, no one will do this for me and you dear one, are in this same boat, are you not?

Last week I wanted a schedule, something to follow, created by someone else to keep me regulated, to force me to make good use of my time. This morning I wanted to follow through on my plans for my own sense of well being. I looked at my schedule and considered, if not now, than when? If I don't do what I say I am going to do, want to do, have to do now, than when? When will I fit in yoga but more importantly, when will I fit in the big life altering, game changing stuff that God wants me to complete in his perfect timing? I am envisioning being shaped and formed for a purpose, in training for the grand battle of wits that may await me, await us, dear reader.

Go ahead, write it in there and follow through
Dare to put your hopes and dreams in writing

What is God preparing you for? Are you struggling with staying the course, accomplishing what it is you are meant to accomplish? What about all those un posted hopes and dreams that haven't made it onto your calendar, that float around you? The ones you dare not put in writing because of the nerve that would get hit each time you failed to follow through?

Becoming the best version of ourselves

Are you wondering if I made it to yoga class dear reader? I did, indeed, attend and fully participate in yoga, which set me up for following through on the many other tasks, menial and grand, for the rest of my day. Here is what came to me from my cousin after the class: "You cannot become the-best-version-of-yourself unless you wake up every morning ready to slay resistance." Matthew Kelly, taken from Resisting Happiness.

The best version of you, of me, happens when we "slay resistance". What are you resisting and how happy will you be when you slay this life defying dragon? 

No comments:

Post a Comment