Monday, January 23, 2017

Sanctuary

Psalm 18:6 "But in my distress I cried out to the Lord; yes, I prayed to my God for help. He heard me from his sanctuary; my cry to him reached his ears." I smile broadly as I consider this verse. Have you ever cried out in your distress, Dear Reader? What had you weeping and in such need? Did you pray for help? King David did, and I am not ashamed to say, I have more times than I can count in the past several months.

I step out of the shower onto a towel and my foot slips. That might hurt later, I note. I go to the gym and lift weights and do cardio. I complete tasks around the house. As the day wears on, I can feel tightening in my lower back. By night time, I am having trouble with mobility and for days, it hurts to move in any and all directions. 

My son's Yorke lives with us. Her ball rolls under the serving table in the dining room. She is a baby and wants her ball. I go down on my belly, wincing as I lower myself to the floor. I am face down and figure since I am down here, I may as well pray. The weeping begins and I am distraught and plaintive. 

I say to God, Remember the time I was face down in the dining room, praying and weeping, asking you what the future holds? and then I say to God, And your answer was...
 
I laugh and weep uncontrollably now, because I am in dire need of answers, and I am entertained in this moment before my God, face in the wooden floor, flat out in pain physically, but more so spiritually. I wanted a time fast forward, in that moment of agony, and have God tell me how it, the future, is going to be. 

I could not trick Him. Get up, He says. The future is my now. 

I live now knowing what I did not know then. He heard me from His sanctuary, my cry reaching His ears: He has answered me in wondrous ways. 

He sent from above, he took me, he drew me out of many waters. He delivered me from my strong enemy, and form them which hated me: for they were too strong for me. They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the LORD was my stay (Psalm 18:16-18) 

This I know is true: God reached down from above and rescued me, from my sorrow, and the tears I felt might never stop, that I might drown in.

My now is an answer to fervent prayer dear one. Each one of my prayers are coming to pass and please, know this. I am praying for His will, in alignment with His ways. I can bank on His promises and pray for their fulfillment, and my Sovereign God reaches down from His sanctuary, from heaven, to rescue me and those I love. 

It is not a magic formula, it is Pure Love flowing from Him to each of us when we cry out for help. Don't take my word for it, try it for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment