Friday, January 15, 2016

Snow Angels

There, to the left, an imprint embedded in the white snow, an angel left an impression, a hint that he had been there. Grin, thanks small child sized angel, for the reminder. There, not ten feet from the first snow angel impression, there is another, on the walkway...sideways glance, two of them, two reminders that I am not alone? Now you have my attention Snow Angel...look for me you whisper, believe I am. There, another, perfect wings and body, identical to the first two and I am stunned into weeping appreciation as I recall the sweetness of the messenger. Here is what the Bible says about angels (there is much more written about them, I am giving you a glimpse) Revelation 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, "See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." Not alone, God is always with me, always with you, and He doesn't mind playfully using a childs snow angel impressions to remind me, you, to turn our gaze to the Heavenlies. Biblically, angels are Gods messengers and it is at His command that they go forth and do His bidding. Aligning with them, His messengers, means that it is my job, your job too, if you accept that God is Soverign and that Jesus is King. This is where we may depart from one another Dear Reader, the part where you say that you submit to no one, including this God I speak of, and I sadly say I wish you would join us and you will be missed. I look for Him everywhere and He leaves me sweet love notes, snow imprints from a child innocently learning how to make an angelic impression. Matthew 19:14 Jesus said, " Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Touched by an angel, why yes, I was. I want this for you too, because if an angel visits, it means God has taken the time to try to get your attention, let you know you are never alone. What kind of angelic impression are you willing to leave? One Life, One Love, forever is yours to choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment