Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Lost Treasure

Have you ever lost something without realizing it, until you need that item? How about a favourite piece of jewelry? I misplaced a white jacket last year and oddly, I grieved the loss of that jacket. I am jealous of the person who is enjoying that jacket and I want them to spill something on it, perhaps grape fruit juice, staining it so that it is unwearable, because it didn't feel lost to me, it felt stolen. An item that belongs to another always has some kind of strange energetic feeling to it-it can't quite make itself at home in the persons closet or dresser drawer. In fact, now that I think about this, I had a gorgeous jacket that belonged to someone else that I kept wanting to return and it remained in my closet, forgotten and than remembered, never worn by me or assumed that it was now mine to enjoy because it had been forgotten here, in my house. I managed to get a hold of the owner and she picked it up, grateful to be reunited with her gorgeous white jacket (yes, it was white too), just in time for a holiday she was taking. What got me started in this direction of lost items, you ask? It was my friend Meghan Greer...she tidied her house and rediscovered her phone headset, a lost treasure. Meghan and I have an understanding, that no matter how much time passes, when we are in contact with one another, it is like going home with the ease and comfort of understanding that our bond is permanent and the love we share for our memories, our time together and each other is joyous and kinda kooky fun. I don't always talk to Meghan, we live far apart and yet, when we get in touch, it has the feeling of discovering a lost and longed for treasure, a misplaced gorgeous white jacket, a shiny favourite piece of jewelry-a friendship that is resurfaced, dusted off and polished up with a quick hello, how are you? History happens in relationship as time is spent in the sharing, living and loving. Intimacy built on trust has fortified my connection with Meghan and she has today, in one quick text exchange, inspired me to acknowledge treasures found. Now, has anyone seen my white jacket? Its gorgeous and a size medium, it might have some grape juice spilled on the front...

No comments:

Post a Comment