Saturday, November 15, 2014

Homeostasis and Factory Settings

Homeostasis is defined as metabolic equilibrium actively maintained by several complex biological mechanisms that operate via the autonomic nervous system to offset disrupting changes~this pertains to physiology. We have built in natural systems that work to maintain our equilibrium and for this I suggest we offer gratitude to the unseen Powers that be with the creative engineering abilities. Like any system, tampering can damage a finely tuned machine and in the case of the body, deprivation, overstimulation, abuse can through homeostasis into a frantically whirling spinning out of control gauge that can't seem to right the machine it was built into to protect. On February 10th, 2014, I committed myself to my own wellness. My former coach, Szos St Germain, was instrumental in this commitment to self and I am grateful to him for guiding me back to my own homeostasis, working diligently with me to allow my natural gauge to reach equilibrium and balance me out as it were. Consciously, conscienciously, with purposeful awareness and mindful choice, I have steadily claimed what is rightfully mine, living freely and happily in the body that my soul was matched with when my God designed me. Never before have I felt so free and the transformation has been a process from the inside out, not the outside in...my tribe, The Seagulls, you have watched, seen the swoops, my broken wings, my healed heart, you held me close and tucked me under your wings when I needed a safe place to hide, even just for a little while. You loved me with your eyes, listened with carefilled ears and hugged me tight when I needed you the most. You spoke Truth, in service of my soul, my growth as a humanitarian and I have been edified. I am strong, I am bold, I am powerful and I am here for more than just me. I follow Spirit and homeostasis feels like a return to factory setting. God is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment