Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Christ Brings Division


I came to send fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! But I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how distressed I am till it is accomplished! Do you suppose that I came to give peace on earth? I tell you, not at all, but rather division. For from now on five in one house will be divided: three against two, and two against three. Father will be divided against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law (Luke 12:49-53)
  • I came to send fire on the earth: judgment of the wicked
  • How I wish it were already kindled!: Jesus hates sin
  • But I have a baptism to be baptized with: He was going to the cross
  • How distressed I am till it is accomplished: He wanted His suffering and mission accomplished already
And
  • Do you suppose that I came to give peace on earth?: He came to separate the wicked from the righteous
  • I tell you, not at all: Jesus affirms what His mission is, and it is not about peace
  • But rather division: the saved and the damned will be divided
  • For from now on five in one house will be divided: count the people in your house, your family: immediate and distant relatives... where do each of them stand?
  • Three against two, and two against three: is this what you have experienced?
  • Father will be divided against son and son against father: for the sake of the King, for the Kingdom of God, parents and their children will not align. Rejecting God causes family to be separated
  • Mother against daughter and daughter against mother: the closest of ties will be severed permanently
  • Mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law: what should be a joyful union of families, will become a devastated wasteland
I wrote a blog years ago, entitled California Jesus. Jesus is not some cool dude riding a lie and compassion wave of tolerance for the BSery that we are now witnessing on a hideous global stage and scale. Jesus cannot stand sin, and stated clearly:

 I came to send fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!

Think now, about the rest of the verses, and how He described what we are now living. I am a party of one, speaking to you from typed words on a virtual page. I have experienced what the verses describe, dear reader, and I am CONFIDENT, that EVERY FAMILY WORLD WIDE, at this late date in the game of life, has experienced the EXACT SAME THINGS⁉️ 

Jesus is God, was God, will always be, God. It isn't surprising, is it, that he knows, He knew, He still does KNOW, what will be, and how each individual will behave given the circumstances that are playing out? 

If we the people of God do not recognize the times we are in, then hell on earth, when will we? I wrote that with tongue in cheek, mocking the situation that is seriously besetting us. We are living THE BIBLE, and to ignore this, or pretend now isn't the time to consider Jesus' Words as all powerful, perhaps suggests we are on the side of the fools that are counted as wicked! To clarify, I do not mock the suffering or injustices, I do however, mock the tomfoolery of many that display public moronic behaviours, including denying the living God. 

The Bible testifies AGAINST us, when we read and do not heed, the wisdom placed therein for our edifying. Phew, that is all, I got out what was pent up inside. 

Lastly, for this piece of writing anyway, please do read The Bible in its entirety. Ask God to illume your mind. Your understanding of what is happening in the world depends upon it:

See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil (Proverbs 2:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment