Thursday, December 30, 2021

Stop Hey What's That Sound

Note: Originally published February 13th, 2018

I'm happy I'm sad I'm mad I'm laughing I'm crying I'm bubbling up with joy I'm cast down in the corner of my mind in despair... I am aliveSo alive that I can't wait to feel more and live more.

For What It Is Worth
A musical memory flooded my heart, and swept me away this morning in a gentle wave of what I know is happening to me, what I feel is becoming in me. Love is a magnificent gift, and love is unity. I embrace it as though for the first time today, with such powerful freedom, that all attachment to striving or accomplishing or endearing myself to others, is a quickly fading and disappearing old set of clothes. I am becoming new. Love is a free flowing without-demands-attached lover, if that makes any sense to you dear reader?

There's something happening here
What it is ain't exactly clear
There's a man with a gun over there
Telling me I got to beware

I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound, everybody look what's going down

I was born in 1967. As it turns out, the song For What It Is Worth by Buffalo Springfield, is dated 1967. The song is a call to awareness, a melodic urging to stop and pay attention to what is really going on. 

And I am. I am paying attention to the ever presence of threat, to our freedom of loving expression. The external voice that has us paranoid, has us protecting ourselves from one another: has us set up to believe that we are enemies, to each other. We are not and I will not be, anyones enemy:

But the wisdom that is from heaven above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy (James 3:17)

Another song, by John Paul Young, comes to mind:

Love is in the air, in the whisper of the tree
Love is in the air in the thunder of the sea
And I don't know if I'm just dreaming
Don't know if I feel safe
But it's something that I must believe in
And it's there when you call my name


We are called to love dear one, to the wisdom of pure hearted peace-filled loving! If we stop, hey, and listen for what's that sound, we can actually hear love calling us by name: call me a romantic fool and perhaps I am. I am falling in love today with humanity, all of you, in your godly image

I like this feeling

Addendum: It is December 30th, 2021. I see from this piece of writing, how God is calling us to love, and it is our turn, in this generation. I clearly sensed what was in the global atmosphere, at the time of this writing, without a hint of what was to come just over a year later, in March of 2019. 

Who, except for those that plotted, planned, and co-ordinated a global attack on citizenry, could have anticipated, without insider knowledge, what we have lived for the past, almost two years?

The discerning can detect good and evil, because the Holy Spirit informs us:

Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things (2 Timothy 2:7)

To choose love, is to align with God Almighty: love is Truth and again, this:

But the wisdom that is from heaven above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy (James 3:17)


 

4 comments:

  1. Cool song; remember it well. Soon there will be a trumpet blast that perhaps only the faithful in Christ will hear but perhaps all. We do know however that the faithful will disappear into the heavens for a great celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading and commenting... the trumpet blast may be what I dream about tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading and commenting... the trumpet blast may be what I dream about tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reading and commenting... the trumpet blast may be what I dream about tonight!

    ReplyDelete