Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Brightening Screen

New laptop 
I have a new lap top, and it has a habit, of dimming when it isn't plugged in. It is a conservation feature, a way of ensuring the battery doesn't run low quickly, but I find it ever so slightly, annoying, because the last thing I want to do at this time in our mutual present, is conserve energy!

I have get up and go, in a world that is fast and slow, all at the same time: it feels like we are drudging through soft and drying cement, and if we leave a foot down for too long, we won't be able to lift it again. I don't want to be a part of the concrete, do you dear reader? It feels like we must move on, and the question is, how?

Burgeoning new life
The concept of leave no man behind, has me feeling slightly reluctant, as I consider this move forward. The world is filling with a tangible sense of impending doom, an anticipated death toll, and at the very same time, it is burgeoning with new life; the contrast of the darkness to light is stark. 

I had some extraordinary experiences last week, that highlighted this stark, darkness to light, contrast. I was with crowds of people, and it is crazy to see what perhaps, the heavenly host have seen all along? We are witnessing the great divide, evidence of what is occurring inside of people, showing up in behaviours on the outside, on such a grand scale, that it is undeniable. I will simplify this for us: it is the fear and the fear nots, to put it in the simplest of terms. Which category do you fall under, dear one?

To fear, or not to fear, that is the question...

Push limits
There is something I really appreciate about tyrants, a quality they have that works in their favour: they push limits. A tyrant sees something they want, even if it is unreasonable, even if it is something that belongs to someone else, and they will ask for it, next they will insist upon having it, and when that doesn't work, they will take whatever it is they desire. 

Tyrants are observant
Don't get me wrong, I do not believe this behaviour is commendable: it is despicable and insidious in nature, but there is something inside the behaviour that I appreciate. Tyrants are observant, they try different angles, different approaches, to get around people, to climb over them, and when they get really expert like with their craftiness of taking, they go through people. They learn what they can get away with, and when they have figured this out, there is no stopping them. Tyrants know what Satan teaches well, that if a human does not have a relationship with God, they are easy pickings, ready prey for predators. Get one of these weaklings separated and secluded from any form of strength and protection, and they can be consumed with ease, almost like an appetizer

And that is exactly what the tyrants of this world have accomplished. They have separated out the weaklings, corralled them into pens, and have begun the consuming, with blood dripping from their fangs

Back to the crowds...

I mentioned above that I had been in crowds of people: 

  1. I went to a house party. The people that attended, were people I had met on the freedom fighting trails. They are the fear nots, the ones that campaigned for our rights as citizens of a democratic country. We had a common cause, and we were magnetically pulled together, unified in our desire to reestablish what God ordained for man, the right to choose. These fear nots, at this house party, know what their work is: they are the ones that behind the scenes, ensure the fabric of society, is reflective of Gods design. They believe in family, friendships, and community. They are the ones that can be counted on, to lend a hand, when there is a need
  2. I went retail store shopping. My mother and I were the only two shoppers, without masks on our faces. While droves of people walked through parking lots, in and out of stores, and lined up to purchase what looked to be Christmas items, they somehow continued on, as though it was normal and natural to wear things on their faces. Hearing a small child weeping, while his mother carried him and made sure the mask stayed in place, was the strangest sight for me to behold. I felt as though I was in a foreign land, with aliens all around me, that had been taken over by an enemy... and indeed, I conclude, that is exactly what has happened. These are the fear filled ones: they fear being different, they fear reprisal, they fear being ostracized, and they fear judgment directed their way... I don't think they actually fear getting sick, because the stores were filled everywhere we went. 
  3. I attended church with my family. There were perhaps, five hundred people in attendance. I grin as I type, because little children were everywhere, and seeing one crawl on the winter dirtied carpet, under a chair, delighted my spirit. Hearing voices singing praises to our God, in unison, with joy, made my heart soar. Seeing my mom tear up, as she felt the filling of her soul with heavenly sounds and sights, brought me the purest of pleasure. These fear nots, smiled, said hello, stood near, and after the service, interacted cheerfully with one another, greeting those they knew, and shaking hands as they introduced themselves. to those they were meeting for the first, and not the last time

Quickening
When I reflect upon my experiences, I see that humanity is doing what it has always done. We are marching as individuals, to the heart beat of our Master, or master, and in doing so, we find our others. Just as the wind outside my window howls and hails from a place I cannot see, so too, the drum beat, is felt, without my being able to see the Drummer. There is a quickening in those that belong to the One that made them, and alternatively, a deadening for those that are destined to deny Him. While the choice is His, the agreement is ours:
  • I agree, to be fearless in Christ
  • I agree, to trust Him with my life, my now, my everything
  • I agree, to loving God with all my mind, heart and soul, and others as myself
  • I agree, to His will, His way
I agree, to resist evil, no matter what form it takes 

What do you, agree to dear one?

But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil (Hebrews 5:14)

Unifying and fortifying
The light shineth in darkness;
and the darkness 
comprehended it not
 
(John 1:5)
As I finish this piece of writing, my screen glows, plugged into the outlet, the power source that brightens my vision. I see the darkness, and I see the light. I discern both good, and evil. I am of full age, matured in my faith, and this makes me useful, a source of wisdom for the vulnerable, the ones that might long for strong meat, but have yet to cut their teeth. God will draw His together, unifying and fortifying: we are not prey, we are His people, and the enemy has no in, no hold, no sway. 

But for the Light, I could not see



No comments:

Post a Comment