Friday, August 24, 2018

I Swear To Lie

Master manipulator
I swear to tell a lie, a whole lie, and nothing but a lie, so help me Satan. I swear, on the holy grail of my mirror, to honour my own self worth, my own esteem, my own glorious shiny reflection: to this I commit my energies and interests (to the exclusion of the rather selfish interests of others). 

I hereby swear, to give way to my natural inclinations toward self preservation, and my personalized brand of entertainment. 

It behooves me to recognize that I will only come this way once, that life is fleeting and rudely short and I must, of necessity, grab for the gusto. I expect nothing less for myself.

Dated this day, in my own history:  __________________
Signed:  _________________

Approved by the master manipulator of the universe:  Lucifer

(This plan condemns the party that agrees to the terms and conditions ascribed to the selection of a life lived for personal gain to the exclusion of all other parties who may be entitled to indemnity otherwise pronounced and stated clearly in any and all previously agreed upon and signed contracts. There are many guarantees discoverable upon signing of this agreement, to be realized in the near and too far to be seen distant future. Signing now, permits the bearer of this contract the right to do whatever they please at any given moment for the sake of their own pleasure and to give way to their desires, without regard to impact or consequences. You will find that you are amongst many by signing this commitment to self).

Committed upon application
of pen to paper
NOTE: Full disclosure of future crippling and disablement is not to be discussed prior to the signing of the above. An immediate decision is required to active this plan and you have no time to waste since the clock is running down and you are approaching the cliff of death with every breath and step you take. You are a being unto death, never forget this delightful truth.

What the hell are you waiting for, sign the damned contract. Do it NOW!

Gollum and modern man
Dear reader, I can hear conversations in my head. I have not been diagnosed with schizophrenia, nor am I delusional. I am observing what is happening in this world of ours and it is disturbing. 

You may not like what you see and hear. You too, may be baffled and soul sickened, from the real world experience of The Lord of the Rings. I see Gollum, the one seeking his precious, as modern man clinging to his own life at all costs, to the exclusion of living and loving for and with others. I see the battle between good and evil, truth and alternatively, tolerance of deception. There is the pull of selfish ambition verses conquering this, with gravity defying faith in what is righteous and worthy for the greater good of the many. It is an age old battle, and we are players, you and I. We get to choose who we serve and forgive me, but I simply must be this bold. You and I are always choosing, the devil or God; hell or Heaven.

My prayer is this, from the Our Father:

Thy kingdom come, on earth as it is in heaven ...

We cannot have this dear one, if we choose to put ourselves first over others. Love is always sacrificial, and comes from a desire to serve, be Christ like, love to the point of being willing to give our lives for another. 

Your life, it is a summer flower, in bloom for a very short time, and withered and browned far too quickly. Only onlookers can appreciate your beauty: we never bloom for our own pleasure, it is always and forever for others, and in particular, for The One who first gave us life.
  • What can you do for someone today, without reward or recompense? 
  • What would going out of your way for another look like this day in mankind's history? 
  • How can you give of yourself sacrificially, today? 
It really isn't about you, it is about, Him.

How can you be more like Jesus, right NOW? 


No comments:

Post a Comment