Thursday, August 16, 2018

Moral Lobotomy

Dear reader:

Relativism: their is no absolute truth
Secularism: an ideology that places all emphasis on the here and now
Humanism: a rationalist outlook or system of thought attaching prime importance to human rather than divine or supernatural matters

Dispiritedness
Is this what we are agreeing to?
Cursed are the rich in materials,
 for theirs is the kingdom of
   earth.
Cursed are those who celebrate,
 for they will be mindless and numb.
Cursed are the proud and arrogant,
 for they will injure on the earth.
Cursed are the merciless,
 for they will be shown brutality.
Cursed are the black hearted,
 for they will see Satan.
Cursed are the hate mongers,
 for they will be called sons of
  the devil.
Cursed are those who are exalted,
  because of their selfishness,
 theirs is the empty eternity of
  separation from God.

Changing the wording
Relativism, secularism, humanism: These are destroying the fabric of our society. In the above writing, I have taken the Beatitudes from the gospel of Matthew 5:3-10 and changed the wording. If you have mourned and begged for the answer to the question of why humans have become vile murderous monsters, please please consider the prevailing attitudes of our modern uncivilized world:

If I want what I want when I want it, why not take it? If I hate and feel like killing someone because life is worthless and I believe what I believe and no one can tell me I am wrong, then why not murder, why not rape, why not? Don't judge me, this is my truth. I'm entitled. People are no better than the slime we crawled out of.

Dear reader, I beseech you to consider the words of Jesus:

Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you (Matthew 5:11-12)

Christian: I ask you to stand up faithfully and count yourself among those who serve God fearlessly, knowing that if you don't, you will banally blend into the background. There will be no one to compare the godless to dear reader. Living the Beatitudes is not for your sake, it is for the sake of those who have yet to know the saving grace of a merciful sin forgiving God. Please, please consider being bold in your faith... we are called to be disciples.

The Great Commission
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you (Matthew 28:19-20).

Truth is not relative. Moral truth cannot be compromised. Absolute truth unarguably exists. You and I matter and no human or devil, can take this truth from us. God help us each time we turn away from The Truth.

Let us say no, to hell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment