Saturday, December 16, 2017

Holy Ghost Repair

Self annoyance
How annoyed with yourself are you? Do you have projects in mind, tasks to complete and for the life of you, you cannot seem to get up off the floor of feeling pathetic, to get the job started? I have joked that I am walking through molasses, but I realize now I have been lying down in the sticky stuff. But why, why, why?

Truth be told
Here is what I know about me, about you. It is very possible to get tasks done, to stay on the job, to complete, when there is no background noise. Here is an example of what I mean. You have friends over for a BBQ. It is Sunday night and just as everyone moves to take their seats with deliciously laden plates in hand, your neighbour two doors down starts their lawn mower. 

Some notice, some do not notice the intrusive sound, but everyone notices unconsciously, a shift, a distraction from enjoyment that hadn't been there moments before. It is the very same for all we do, is it not dear reader? When we are zinging along at a steady clip and checking off "done" on our list, it all feels great until the grinding to a halt hits. I would like to say I am super human in my focus but alas, this would be deceptive. I get distracted to the point of inability, to the point of ineptitude, and then as I melt into this truth I am forced to ask the question, but why?

Because I said so...
Because... Do you remember when you were a kid and you would ask your parents the why questions and they would say, because I said so? That answer never satisfies, does it? For those of us that need answers to understand why, there is a searching of hidden things, the unsearchable ways that we must transverse to get to clarity. 

Today I asked the why questions and then the how came with it:
  • How is it that God can tolerate us with our self absorbed obnoxiously depraved ways? 
  • Why would he put up with us for as long as He has? 
  • Now this, what does He want from me, from you? 
  • What projects does He have in mind, tasks He wants us to complete, to live a life that glorifies Him? 
In the asking, The Holy Spirit did a repair job on my soul. Instead of looking around, I looked up and thanked Him for the thousandth time for His mercy...

Moving out of molasses into understanding
So why have I been in molasses? Why did I need a soul repair? Here is why dear reader. I saw a video of a young girl who had been locked away in a room, held prisoner, and used twenty-five times daily, raped for money. 

I witnessed rescuers go into the darkness, because this brave young girl that was rescued, returned to the house of horrors to retrieve her friends, justice fighters smashing through ceilings to reveal hidden places where the girls were kept. 

My heart screams how can you stand it Lord, and how am I so blessed but more importantly, how can I look away now... how can I focus on my pretty life when I know that children are being violated?

God answers
Gods answer. I show you because I want you to see. I want you to see the pain and I want you to see the healing too. I want you to weep over oppression and celebrate when there is rescue. I want you to love me so much, that you must do something, you must not look and then walk away. I put the molasses under your feet so that you would stay and listen, not scurry away. I have work for you to do, My work, not yours. 

Will you do it?

After hearing
My answer? Yes Lord, because you said so... 
Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. 

Now you, dear one. What secret room have you been hidden away in? There is One that sees you there, in the lonely seemingly forsaken darkness. He is rescue for the captive. He smashes through walls and ceilings, letting light in. 

His hand is extended to you, won't you take it now and climb out of the house of horrors? 

No comments:

Post a Comment