Wednesday, November 22, 2017

God Singing

Of course
Of course! I said this to myself after an astounding epiphany this morning, while driving to a clients house. I was listening to Faith FM and I heard the DJ share this verse for the day:

Can you hear God
singing over you?
The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing (Zephaniah 3:19)

Dear dear reader! Look at the verse! God Almighty saves, yes yes, we know this part. He takes delight in you, and me. Okay what, this is astounding. He will quiet us with his love. This is lovely and I have experienced this, have you? But the next part, the next part had me in tears

He will rejoice over you with singing! 

Singing
As I drove this morning, I heard joy in the DJs voice, celebrating this message. I knew it was for me, I knew it was for you! God sings for goodness sakes and this was my epiphany. Of course God sings-every good and perfect gift is from above coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights... (James 1:17), this includes singing. 

And why wouldn't God sing? If we are created in His image, and this is what is expounded in The Bible to be true, then it follows that we can only do what He does, isn't that right? Now, I admit, some of us do this singing thing way better than others, and perhaps this is why we cry or laugh, feel when we hear powerful angelic voices: echoes of Gods own voice as He sings mightily in heaven. The thought makes me weep in its beauty, and the astounding truth that each time we hear human voices in song, they are an acoustic reminder of who God created us to be, His voice on earth.

Imagine now dear reader, God rejoicing over you! 

Can you hear Him singing?

No comments:

Post a Comment