Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Never Again

Quick Sand
Here I sit at my work desk, with the sun shining into my window, blue sky painting my view. What I really want to do is run outside, and away from my problems! I laugh at the word problems, because it isn't a word I use to describe any parts of my life, ever. 

What I realize in this moment, is that sometimes what I face feels problematic, and it makes me mental. I feel a bit crazy as I wade into, and sort through the minutia, all the stuff that has to be taken care of to get to where I want to go and be: the mental minutia that feels like quick sand. When I feel this way, I turn to what others have suggested works for them, a to-do-list. 

What I know works for me, is to get outside and get physical. Somehow, the trees just don't care about websites, FB, Instagram, and the financial environment we all must face in our own circumstances. I leave you now to go out there, where imagination and limitlessness calls to the spirit.

I'm Back
I walked and then took the long way and walked some more. I took a path straight up, almost a vertical climb through a leaf littered forest, and my joy factor multiplied exponentially, because there was no one else there, not a soul: just me and the wind that rustles the remaining tree attached leaves, the ones that will soon spiral downward toward the ground, rejoining their mates. 

Was the walk good for my soul? Did my imagination ignite and become limitless? For moments at a time, it was indeed, good for my soul. But mostly, mostly dear reader, I grieved and I realize, that I am like one of the stubborn leaves that have yet to believe that fall has come, that I must let go: stop clinging to what was, and give way to the cold of winter 

The never agains have begun

I know this feeling, it is age old. You too, know this feeling, don't you? 

Never again, accepting never again...

No comments:

Post a Comment